After months of speculation and rumours as to who was entering Ireland’s inaugural ‘Last Man Standing‘ tournament, all was revealed today at the official press conference in The National Stadium.
The series will kick off on March 3rd featuring the Middleweights at a catchweight of 165lbs. With a few surprise inclusions, including amateur star Roy Sheahan making his debut, the strong line-up was finally revealed as follows –
- Bernard Roe 6-0 (1 ko) – Dublin
- Henry Coyle 19-2-2 (12 ko’s) – Mayo
- Thomas Finnegan 2-0 – Dublin
- Chris Blaney 9-0 (3 ko’s) – Meath
- Alfredo Meli 14-0-1 (3 ko’s) – Belfast
- Roy Sheahan (debutant) – Kildare
- Sean McGlinchey 2-0 – Derry
- Pádraig McCrory 2-0 (1 ko) – Belfast
Red Corner & Assassin promotions should be applauded with the work they’ve done in organising this tournament and bringing something new to Irish boxing fans. They have managed to get 8 solid middleweights to compete in the tournament including 6 unbeaten fighters putting their ‘0’ on the line, with former amateur star Sheahan due to make his debut.
To spice things up even further on the night, there will be an incredible €5,000 bonus on offer for the fastest stoppage, either by ko or tko, along with a bonus of €1,000 per stoppage to go alongside the prize fund on offer with the winner set to pocket €25,000.
The draw will be made the week before the competition, with a full undercard featuring two Irish title fights also on offer for fans.
* Tickets for the show are now on sale and range from – €35, €50, €65, €80, €120, and €150 (including a free bar) and are available from the fighters involved, tickets.ie, and selected Centra and SuperValu stores throughout the country.