With another action-packed weekend for boxing fans, we look ahead to some of the best fights for fans to check out….
- Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux – WBO Super-featherweight title
Check out our exclusive preview & prediction on the real fight of the year for boxing fans – https://koboxingnews.com/2017/12/08/lomachenko-vs-rigondeaux-preview-prediction/
- James DeGale vs Caleb Traux – IBF Super-middleweight bout
After nearly a year out, DeGale makes his long-awaited return home as he faces American Caleb Traux 28-3-2 (18 ko’s). Traux is a solid opponent but has been stopped whenever he made the step up in class, Anthony Dirrell & Danny Jacobs both ended his night early.
So, im expecting DeGale to warm into the bout as he blows off some ring-rust and put on a show as the fight progresses. DeGale to win by ko/tko rounds 7-9 and tee up some massive unification bouts in 2018.
- Lee Selby vs Eduardo Ramirez – IBF Featherweight bout
Selby 25-1 will look to cap off a busy year when he takes on undefeated Mexican Ramirez 20-0-3 in his third bout of the year. Ramirez looks to be tailor-made for Selby’s style, despite his come-forward style, the Mexican only has 7 ko’s to his name and the last 2 of them have come against fighters making their debut’s. So this should be another fight where Selby shines and outclasses his opponent
Selby isn’t known for his power so im expecting him to outbox and dominate Ramirez en-route to a clear points decision
Also in action this weekend are –
- Mick Conlan vs Luis Fernando Molina – Super-bantamweight
- Tevin Farmer vs Kenichi Ogawa: Vacant IBF Super-Featherweight title
Francisco Vargas vs Stephen Smith: 10 Rounds Super-Featherweight
Orlando Salido vs Miguel Roman: 10 Rounds Super-Featherweight
- Anthony Yarde vs Nikola Sjekloca: WBO European & inter-continental light-heavyweight titles