There’s a stacked card in Belfast this Saturday as Carl Frampton maks his return against Horacio Garcia and Jamie Conlan takes on Jerwin Ancajas for the IBF Super-flyweight belt. Here’s a look at the rest of the action for fans to check out
Chief support comes from Zolani Tete (25-3, 20 KOs) as makes the first defence of his WBO Bantamweight World Championship against fellow South African Siboniso Gonya (11-1, 5 KOs). There has been some heated exchanges between these two so hopefully they can carry out their predictions and make it an all-action bout. Tete knows a win will keep him on course for a massive unification bout against IBF & WBA champ Ryan Burnett.
Talented super-featherweight Jono ‘King Kong’ Carroll 14-0 will fight Humberto de Santiago for the IBF Intercontinental title. Carroll was originally due to meet Declan Geraghty in a rematch but Geraghty pulled out due to injury. A win here will launch Carroll into the top 15 in the world rankings as he aims for world honours in the next 12-18 months.
Local favourite Paddy Barnes 4-0 takes on Eliecer Quezada 21-6-3 for the WBO inter-continental flyweight strap over 10 rounds as he bids to boost his world ranking. Quezeda steps in as a late replacement and makes for a tougher contest for the three-time Olympian.
Also in action on the stacked card are –
- super middleweight Darryll Williams 16-0 VS Lennox Clarke 15-0-1
BBBofC English Super Middleweight Title
- lightweight David Oliver Joyce 4-0 VS Reynaldo Cajina 14 -45-5
- light heavyweight Steven Ward 5-0 VS Przemyslaw Binienda 2-13
- welterweight Lewis Crocker 3-0 VS Gyula Rozsas 2-1 0
- heavyweight Alex Dickinson 2-0 VS Milen Paunov 3-4
- lightweight Gary Cully 2-0 VS TBA
- featherweight Marco McCullough 17-4 VS TBA
- cruiserweight Tommy McCarthy 10-1 VS Blaise Mendouo 4-7