With another action-packed weekend in the boxing calendar, we look ahead to some of the best fights for fans to check out….
- George Groves vs Jamie Cox – WBA Super-Middleweight title – These two meet in an all British showdown in the World Boxing super series. George Groves seems to be back to his best since switching to Shane McGuigan as his trainer. In his last few bouts against Martin Murray, Gutknecht and Fedor Chudinov he looked like the aggressive Groves of old. Jamie Cox for his part has always shown flashes of what he can do but not at this level.
Im expecting Groves to have too much firepower for Cox and claim a stoppage win in rounds 7-9, lining up a thrilling bout with Eubank Jnr.
- Leo Santa Cruz vs Chris Avalos – Featherweight – Both fighters are good to watch, throw lots of punches and love to stand and trade. Thats about all I can say about this bout! Im expecting Santa Cruz to be levels above Avalos, and it will be fun to watch while it lasts but im expecting a mid-rounds stoppage for Santa Cruz.
Meanwhile, the light-middleweights do battle to stake a claim at the top of the division, here are some of the bouts and predictions on Saturday’s action –
- Erislandy Lara vs Terrell Gausha – Lara wins on points (unanimous decision)
- Austin Trout vs Jarrett Hurd – Hurd wins on points (Split decision)
- Jermell Charlo vs Erickson Lubin – Charlo wins on points (Split decision)