This Saturday October 7th sees yet another stacked boxing card in Dublin for fight fans. Red Corner Promotions bring ‘Champions Elect’ to the National Stadium. The card will feature two Celtic title fights, a former European champion and some of the country’s top prospects. The show will be headlined by unbeaten Welterweight Noely Murphy & one of Ireland’s rising stars Craig ‘The Iron’ O’Brien. So, here’s a preview of some of the scheduled fights –
- Noely Murphy vs Gyorgy Misezei Jr – International Welterweight bout
Unbeaten Cork welterweight Noel Murphy 11-0 (2 ko’s) will take on Gyorgy Miszei Jr 25-20 (15 ko’s) in an International Contest. This is a real step up in class for Murphy who has been building up a reputation on the east coast of America, and a worthy fight for his traveling army of fans. The exciting Cork native is on an 11 fight winning streak and will look to extend that as he aims for Irish & European title fights within the next 12 months.
Having shared the ring with some of boxing’s biggest names, Gyorgy is a former European (EBU) champion who went onto challenge for the title a further 4 times. He dethroned Cuban world title challenger Brunet Zamora for the title in the champions own back yard. Miszei has also shared the ring with Terry Flanagan, Derry Matthews & Anthony Crolla so has plenty of big-fight experience.
- Craig ‘The Iron’ O’Brien vs Alain Alfred – BUI Celtic Light-Middleweight title
One of the country’s top prospects, Craig ‘The Iron’ O’Brien 5-0 will look to claim his first pro title against the tough, former french amateur champion Alain Alfred. O’Brien has shown flashes of brilliance so far and looks more than ready for a step-up in class. He should have enough to get the job done against the durable Alfred and move to bigger titles in the next 12-18 months.
- Chris Blaney vs Matiouze Royer – BUI Celtic Super-Middleweight title
Ricky Hatton trained Blaney 8-0 (3 ko’s) will take on tough Frenchman Royer over 8 rounds for the Celtic title. The always entertaining Blaney will look to build on his winning streak and in his 5th bout this year should have enough to take home the Celtic title with a win over the experienced Royer.
A former French title challenger, Royer has shared the ring with some very credible opponents, going the distance with former European champion and world title challenger Christopher Rebrasse.
- Manny Bique vs Vladimir Belujsky – Super-Middleweight bout
Former Caribbean national champion Manny Bique makes his debut against Vladimir Belujsky in what could be the fight of the night. Bique has long been touted as one of the best kept secrets in Dublin boxing circles. After a string of semi-pro bouts he finally makes his much-anticipated debut. Bique previously told KO Boxing News that he carries serious knockout power and plans to go out and make a big statement on Saturday against Belujsky.
Belujsky is also touted as a serious talent. The cork based fighter has even been used as a sparring partner for Chris Eubank jnr for his upcoming world title fight. If both fighters staty true to their word, fans can expect fireworks in this 4 round fight.
Also on the action packed card –
- Victor Rabei 1-0 takes on Michael Mooney in a light-welterweight bout. Former top amateur Rabei will look to extend his winning streak as he aims for big all Irish dustup’s over the next 12 months
- Allan Phelan vs Krzysztof Rogowski – featherweight. Phelan will look to bounce back to winning ways after a setback loss in his last outing
- Karl ‘Little Sexy’ Kelly & Craig McCarthy will make their much-anticipated pro debuts. There has been a lot of talk about these guys so hopefully they can get their careers off to a good start
Some tickets are still available for the show and can be purchased from the fighters involved.
* Doors open at 5.30pm / the first fight starts at 6pm *