With a busy weekend in the boxing calendar, we look ahead to some of the best fights for fans to check out….
- Mike Perez Vs Marius Briedis – Hard-hitting Latvian Breidis defends his WBC cruiserweight belt against Perez in the World boxing super series. The trimmed down Perez looks to continue his rise in the cruiserweight division following his drop from heavyweight. Expect both fighters to have their moments in a tough, exciting fight, but I have a feeling Perez might upset the odds here and outbox Breidis en route to a decision win.
- Hard-Hitting Cork middleweight Gary ‘Spike’ O’Sullivan 25-2-1 (17 ko’s) takes on English fighter Nick Quigley on a Golden Boy ESPN televised card. Spike will be out to make a statment as he seeks out a world title fight within the next year. Expect Spike to break down Quigley and force a mid rounds stoppage
Eddie Hearn’s Matchroom have a packed card on in Liverpool with some exciting young talent on show –
- Exciting Dubliner Jay Byrne takes on rio Olympian Anthony Fowler over 6 rounds at super-welterweight. Byrne comes into this bout in great shape and will look to make a statement against the former amateur star. Expect a gruelling fight here, as both guys love to stand and trade and aren’t afraid to rough it out when they have to. Im expecting a close tough fight here to go to the scorecards
- Sean ‘Masher’ Dodd takes on former amateur standout Tom Stalker for the commonwealth lightweight belt. This is a real clash of styles, pitting the tough & rugged Dodd against the technically sound Stalker. I think this will be similar to when Dodd fought Scotty Cardle, Im expecting Dodd to walk down Stalker and gradually wear him down as the fight progresses. Possibly leading to a late stoppage for the local favourite.
Also on the matchroom card are –
Paul Butler Vs Stuart Hall 12 Rounds Bantamweight
- Rocky Fielding Vs David Brophy – British & Commonwealth super-middleweight titles
- Tom Farrell v Ohara Davies -12 Rounds Super-Lightweight